Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 88 Samurai steering wheel squeaks when I turn. It is very irritating. I want to remove my steering wheel and check but I am not sure how the horn button comes off. I am afraid I could break it removing it the wrong way... How do I remove the horn button from the steering wheel?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope someone answers

My horn button fell off in my lap. I seem to be missing 2 of three tiny screws but even with the screws I dont see how it attaches. Could I also be missing some rubber gromets? The only parts I have are the button and one screw. Any advice cause without a book I am lost
Thanks
no beep beep

·
Registered
21 Posts
My '84 SJ's horn button removes quite easily. Turn the ignition off, push the horn and hold it, and while holding it in, turn it anti clockwise. The horn button should be loose. There is a spring that comes out, and a nut that you can loosen to remove the steering wheel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sailor, I don't know which Suzuki you have, but the steering wheel might fit exactly as above. I don't know about the screws and I haven't seen rubber grommets on my SJ. Just remember to plug the wire from the steering button back in, as it is the connection that causes your horn to hoot. Hope you manage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts