Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1993 Samurai, 1.3L right hand drive. It lives in Jamaica and I am having trouble finding anything for this specific vehicle.
It has an Aisan carb (yes it has a carb) that likes to be taken apart and cleaned about every 4 months.

Can any one point me at resourses for my baby.

Thanks in advance

One love

George

·
Registered
5 Posts
Parts

I have always had to order from the US for my parts for my SJ (even though the SJ wasn't sold in the US...go figure). Hawk Strictly Suzuki has always been awesome for me

·
Registered
76 Posts
i don't know about non-us models but the carb that came on them from the factory over here was not any good. you might try replacing the fuel filter (it wont hurt) and i once had problems with bits of fuel hose showing up in my float bowl.

if you just want to replace the carb i suggest a weber they can be hard to adjust sometimes but are vary reliable and easy to work on. i got mine from calmini but other places might have them to (hawk suzuki has them also)

here is some links you might find useful
Samurai
Rocky Road is Earth's Suzuki Samurai Parts Headquarters!!!
and here is hawks' web site
HAWK STRICTLY SUZUKI | Welcome.
both rocky-road and hawk suzuki say to call them if you don't find what you are looking for so try them both

hope that helps good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi George, would your Carb look anything like this?

This is pretty much a standard stock carb from Sj-410 (1985-1990++) from Indonesia. I usually buy the Carb Repair Kit (almost every component except for the carb body) for about USD 8 and it's easily available around here.

And yes, I DO agree with you, it's quite sensitive and requires regular maintenance/cleaning.

·
Registered
181 Posts
WoW, I must be lucky, I've never done a thing to my carb and it's on an 82 sami with 280,000 kms on it. The only thing I do is use a spray carb cleaner
once a year, but that was before I installed a catch can on to the blowby to keep the oil reside from clogging the carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts