Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,568 Posts
Radiators aren't size judged by their liquid volume capacity. :(

The number of cooling tube ROWS and the physical fin area thickness of the radiator will provide a better gauge of capacity.

If you call around and compare your (fin depth) to what is available to you (lets say a vehicle with A/C, thus a bigger capacity radiator?) then you MAY be ale to come up with a larger one. It's either that or a custom high-capacity radiator from any number of aftermarket manufacturers.

But if you are stock engine fitted and with a stock radiator in good condition, then you have OTHER issues to entertain. I assume it overheats?

Welcome aboard too! :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have an OEM radiator in mine, its distorted and definitely seen better days. I have a bigger engine 1.6L 16v and push it pretty hard, and on hot days. I force it to turn 35" tires and it never even hinted at overheating.

I thought about putting in the Sidekick radiator but it would have been a real project. If your radiator is healthy and you have no other cooling system issues it should do the trick. If you really want an upgrade radiator than you could go with something like this and it would bolt right in, not to much money either.

Suzuki Samurai Perfomance Fully Aluminum Radiator (SEU-ARE)

As mentioned above, if there is another problem perhaps we can help troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks max and caseyjones955,I just bought it.I live in the desert and will be going on some long overnight runs with jeepers.over heating is a big problem down here.I still need to lift it,get tires,shocks,lockers for rear,etc.So i will needing lots of help! I dont know much about any of that stuff.Its my first offroad veh.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Theres a ton of good reading here, lots of expertise.

I used to be sort of a Jeep guy and I find the Samurai has plenty of advantages along with a few disadvantages but all things considered I'm quite happy. I have gone from Ford/Buick/Harley/Jeep to Lexus/Acura/Yamaha/Suzuki and not looked back, even for a second. Life sure is nice when you only turn wrenches when want to

Do you have any idea what size tires you want to run or what sorts of modifications you might need to achieve your goals?

·
Registered
45 Posts
For proper cooling you MUST run a fan shroud....................

This is an excellent radiator: Suzuki Samurai Samurai Performance Fully Aluminum Radiator (SEU-ARE)

Order one now. It took two months to get mine. They fly off the self.

Change hoses, thermostat, and cap, with a 50/50 mix.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I should order one next, mines in pretty sorry shape, shockingly it still does it's job well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts