Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help

Well im not very good with mechanical shit, my main hobbys car audio . So ive got a few questions on a couple different things. Ill start with the area i reeeeeeeally need help on and would like to do most out of anything.

Question 1 - Seats

Ive got an 88 Samurai, and its only a 2 seater. Considering ive only got my "N", this is a pretty sweet thing and i dont mind it. But im allowed more than 1 passenger if its family, so when my bro and buddy want to go 4x4in then its pretty bunk.

I know some samurais have the option of a back seat that holds 2, but being that ive got 6 subs and whole shit load of amps and speakers, im really only wanting 1 extra seat.... basically another drivers seat just mounted in the back so i can have space for my audio.

Ive tried researching this through google and shit, but its all infant and child seat crap that it comes up with (and i dunno what i can do to modify and filter that out). I also recall reading something about additional seats being illegal unless manufacturely put in or something, but i cant fully remember... so thats another reason im asking this.

Any info would be great

Question 2 - Lifts and engines

I currently have a 3 inch suspension lift and have 31" tires. I want to get up to 36s if i could, but running off the current engine would have me walking pace down the streets lol. The engine space is pretty limited, and im not 100% on wat the biggest thing i could put in there would be. Ive read a lot on the 1.6s and that theyre pretty decent. As of right now, i can barely maintain 85-90 on a highway, and if i decide to go bigger, what will i need to keep that speed up, or even increase it? Also, what lift should i do to reach this, suspension, or body? Im not sure of eithers pros or cons . The small stature already gives it a feeling of rolling backwards on steep hills with its lift, will a larger lift increase this, and is there any way to avoid it?

Question 3 - Hard Tops

Ive seen some listings for hard tops come and go, but most of them are gone or a ways away by the time i see them. I work out in hecate straight most of the year, so getting back to get one is tough. During my time that i am back, ive gone to scrapyards all along the island looking for one, but no luck. Trackers are pretty similair, but rather than blow my money on one that doesnt fit, i thought id ask.

Is there a way to get a tracker hard top on a samurai (88)? If not, are there any places in BC that manufacture them or anything along those lines?

Well thats basically all my questions for now, i appreciate any help . Im on a 2 week vacation come october and id really like to get all supplies and shit organized by then so i can get it in a shop for when im out for the remaining month and half and have it nice and ready for me when i get back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would suggest googling "Gipsy" from Maruti, which is the indian clone of samurai. I used to have one same year as your Samurai, with all the branded accesories you need, seats, hard top (fiber glass, very stylish), etc. Since it's Maruti and not Suzuki, accesories are much cheaper.
I really miss that car, I made my first good money working for Dole, monitoring apple quality on the fields. Great 4x4! During two seasons in Chile, I just change a couple of shocks. Very good in gas.
Now, I´m more sedentary... I have an Ignis 4x4.
Good luck!!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts