Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by the guy I bought my 1988 Samurai from not to use any spark plug but the the O.E. ones, but I'm not one to listen! I purchaced 4 Bosch "Platnum+2" plugs (2 electrodes), and I've gotten an increase of 3-4 miles per gallon, and my top speed (on level ground) has increased from 75 mph to almost 85 mph! What the heck, I am going to try the "Platnum+4"'s! (4 electrodes) TAILWIND P.S. I have the stock 1.3L.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a problem. when i push in the gas on my 87 samurai it acts like it wants to die and i was wondering if changing the spark plugs would change anything. i know i need to clean out my carborator but i was wondering if i changed them if that would make a difference. jhawk

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a problem. when i push in the gas on my 87 samurai it acts like it wants to die and i was wondering if changing the spark plugs would change anything. i know i need to clean out my carborator but i was wondering if i changed them if that would make a difference. jhawk

If They have not been changed in a while, for the cost of 4 new plugs, I would try it.

I was told by the guy I bought my 1988 Samurai from not to use any spark plug but the the O.E. ones, but I'm not one to listen! I purchaced 4 Bosch "Platnum+2" plugs (2 electrodes), and I've gotten an increase of 3-4 miles per gallon, and my top speed (on level ground) has increased from 75 mph to almost 85 mph! What the heck, I am going to try the "Platnum+4"'s! (4 electrodes) TAILWIND P.S. I have the stock 1.3L.
I don't think that this is a fair comparson, compairing old plugs to new plugs of a different brands. A true comparson would be to now take out the new bosch now that you know the gas milage of them and put in a set of NGK's and see what the results are. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts