Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey so Im new here and I need help bad. I just picked up a 1986 Samurai and I love the thing but have had alot of problems with it so far. However, I fixed all of them except one. My turn signals and hazards do not work nor to the indication lights in the dash. All fuses are good I assume its the relay but need some help finding the thing. Does anybody know whrere it is? Really appriciate the help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For a few years I fought "sometimes they work" turn signals on a 1986 Sami. When the turn signals quit, so did the flashers and back up lights. Every year had to make them work and take right to the inspection station to pass before they quit again.

I swapped in my best looking light housings, checked grounds, cleaned the fuse box, etc, everything looked fine and still they would quit.

Finally fixed them a couple years ago and they have not failed since. Thought about them yesterday when I was driving the Sami.

Noticed that when I touched the fuse they would work. Stuck cardboard between turn signal fuse and adjacent fuse and they worked.

The fix was as simple as tweaking the fuse tabs. Apparently, even though it felt fine, the fuse was shaking loose. With small pliers, twist the fuse tabs, just a little. Ensure it fits tight in the fuse box.

You do need to have a good flasher unit. It's an inch square cube with three prongs at the fuse box.

Doc

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
For a few years I fought "sometimes they work" turn signals on a 1986 Sami. When the turn signals quit, so did the flashers and back up lights. Every year had to make them work and take right to the inspection station to pass before they quit again.

I swapped in my best looking light housings, checked grounds, cleaned the fuse box, etc, everything looked fine and still they would quit.

Finally fixed them a couple years ago and they have not failed since. Thought about them yesterday when I was driving the Sami.

Noticed that when I touched the fuse they would work. Stuck cardboard between turn signal fuse and adjacent fuse and they worked.

The fix was as simple as tweaking the fuse tabs. Apparently, even though it felt fine, the fuse was shaking loose. With small pliers, twist the fuse tabs, just a little. Ensure it fits tight in the fuse box.

You do need to have a good flasher unit. It's an inch square cube with three prongs at the fuse box.

Doc
Good call.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts