Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just recently bought an 88 samurai. I love the thing! I registered here hoping someone could help me with my problem. About 2 weeks after I bought it the engine started knocking, which I quickly determined was a loose lower timing gear. Whoever installed it last used too small a woodruff key and it tipped sideways, creating a lot of slop. I forgot to look at which way the timing marks lined up when I took the pulley off. I put the lower gears mark facing up (TDC) and tried to line up the cam pulley mark facing down, but it won't start. I checked to see if the distributer was pointing at #1, but it was past it, almost to #3. So I rotated the cam gear until distributor was pointing at #1, but the mark on the gear is facing at about 4 o'clock position. The block does have a mark in it about right there, but I'm not sure if this is right. I don't want to mess anything up so I didn't try to start it there. Can anyone help or should I play it safe and get a manual? :liebe011:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts