Suzuki Forums banner

samurai just died

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  firstsami 
#1 ·
i was sitting at a light and the engine just completely died. i tried starting it and it just kept clicking and wanted to turn but it didnt. i replaced the coil but it still does the same thing. all the electronics work but i cant find anything on the web about how to fix it. whats happening?

#5 ·
You can use a jumper wire to test the starter. Just put everything in nutral and scotch the wheels park brake on. With the switch on take a 2' wire and touch the + pos terminal on the battery with one end and touch the other to the bottom wire on the starter. If it turns over or fires you need the clickity fix. Please be safe doing this.

#7 ·
I'm speaking from past experience.....it could be that the altenator has stopped charging an the battery ran the engine as long as it could and the engine died. The battery is dead and that is why it will not turn over (crank). You haven't said that you tried to jump-start said engine with another auto. If it does start and you disconnect the jumper cables....to see if the alt is charging and supplying the system with power for the coil...loosen and remove the positive cable on the battery. If the engine continues to run the alt is ok.

GIZMO

#13 ·
Sorry but your not clear when you say engine wont turn over we assume that literaly the engine is not turning? Evidently it is turning and even starting Try to be clear ! you might even have a pluged fuel filter or bad fuel pump kind of hard to diagnos check how much fuel pumps out when you crank engine for 10 seconds or so If it doesent squirt pretty good then try to isolate. good luck ! Keep Trying

#14 ·
Not running right

Sometimes it will start and idle but when I let the clutch out it just dies. Other times it will crank and sound like it's trying to start but just won't quite start. Distributor cap looks OK, all hoses are attached to the carb. Any ideas?

#16 ·
Any ideas?
There are dozens of things that could be causing your problems: Valve timing, ignition timing, fuel supply, vacuum leaks, carb componets, ect. Your descriptions are a little vague, for much of a diagnosis to be done by long distance. From reading your other posts, looks like you've been having problems for months. Maybe, it's time to have a real mechanic look at it?

#17 ·
i just adjusted the valves last weekend and i know the carb isnt flooding. i found out that the spark plug wires were bad and the fuel filter was clogged so i replaced both of those and added octane booster and liquid carb cleaner and now it just purrs.

#18 ·
There you go plugged fuel line (filter) used to have that problem with an old chevy it would sit there and idle when I put a load on it it would die same sound as running out of gas, plug wires valve adjustments dont just go out all at once I mean one wire will but I dought your wires had anything to do with this. never heard of a car stopping because the valves need adjusting.
Allways start at the simple check when your car wont start. Ie check the gas gauge befor you replace a fuel pump. thats why I disconect fuel line at carb and crank it. If no gas comes out, then never mind replaceing nothin you go back and see why theres no gas. replacing caps and rotors and whatever else is easy and in the long run might save you from a future problem because everything is new. Sounds like you finaly got it though !
Happy New Year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.