Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good quality steering wheel for a samurai. My aftermarket Wheel looks pretty old and i would like to change it. cant go back to stock cause my stock wheel looks really gnarlly cause its been in storage for a while.....

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I ran a Grant aftermarket steering wheel on the trail rig for many years, but it was smaller which didn't help much. Later when i went back to a stock wheel it was easier to get the bigger tires around the obstacles... I would look to the epay sites for a good stocker. A track/kick wheel looks good and will fit on a Samurai column.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm using the OEM steering wheel on a '93. I've added not one, but two steering wheel covers, one on top of the other, and the result is very nice. The surface of the first cover began to look patchy after a couple of years, so I simply covered that with a nicer, real leather second cover (that I had intended for another project).

Now the thicker diameter fits my hand well, feels great and and gives my aging finger joints a nice wheel to grip. You can see part of it at:

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/gallery/images/45520/1_Leather_Steering_Wheel.jpg

The only real downside is that lacing on two covers is a lot of work, especially since drawing the lacing tight is key to doing a good job. But, spread out over a few years, I no longer remember the installation, but enjoy the new feel of the steering wheel every day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts