Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at two 88 samurais with the thought of buying and both fuel gages only worked sometimes and they would go up then back down. Can someone tell me if that is a known problem with the older susukis. Is the sending unit just worn out?
Thanks
sturgeon95

·
Registered
7 Posts
What I have been told is that A. it is a common enough problem, and B, you have to drop the tank to fix it. that is why most folks don't. Mine is out and I just watch the trip odometer. When it hits 200 miles, I need gas. Good luck. PG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel tank sending unit

Thanks for the come back, Watching the trip miles is what I have been doing with the one that I bought. Though it seems to work fine from 1/2 tank down, So I don't know if I will go to the trouble to fix it or not, a new unit is about $45.00.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, When I fill mine, it goes all the way to bottom. Waay down. Then as reaches 1/2 empty it begins to rise. As it continues to empty, it now acts like a regular gauge, moving down toward EMPTY as the fuel is used. I don't know if it would be correct or not, but I watch the miles mostly. $45.00 isn't bad, it is just the removing of those very rusty old scres to drop the tank. PG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts