Suzuki Forums banner

Samurai for my father

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Smonirh 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

To start off it’s great to be on this forum and it’s going to be good talking to all you guys, also I had no idea where to post this so if it is in the wrong area let me know and I will move it.

My father retired recently. Now he need to do something to be busy. He was is Mechanic Section. so I have been looking online for a beat up old rusty Suzuki Samurai for sale and there are many to choose from but I don’t know what I am looking at to be honest. What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for, and then any tips and tricks that will help along the refurbishment.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Post up where you are as prices vary a lot. Condition depends on whether he would restore it or make it a offroader. I say that because over here people weld in box section for the sills when rotted and also cut the arches higher removing the original join/weld/flange and weld in some plate ,this is a stronger easier fix but won't look original. Rust is the biggest enemy of these old sammies. I'm beginning to hate fighting the rust, I can't be bothered any more, does he like cutting/welding/getting burnt/scrapped knuckles and all the aches and pains from grovelling around the floor ;). I like mechanical stuff as I do it for a living, but repairing rust :mad::mad:

#4 ·
Hey guys,

To start off it’s great to be on this forum and it’s going to be good talking to all you guys, also I had no idea where to post this so if it is in the wrong area let me know and I will move it.

My father retired recently. Now he need to do something to be busy. He was is Mechanic Section. so I have been looking online for a beat up old rusty Suzuki Samurai for sale and there are many to choose from but I don’t know what I am looking at to be honest. What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for, and then any tips and tricks that will help along the refurbishment.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

Thank you Darrell.

I am sorry, he doesn't like to cutting or welding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.