Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking to put some flares on my 87 sammy, ordering ones for a specific sammy are a bit pricey ,, i thought i've heard that jeep flares fit?!
does anyone know if something else fits and looks GOOD? and if so what are the for, and maybe the year?
thanks a a lot....

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Rear CJ flares can be made to fit, heck almost anything can be MADE to fit.
But Jeep parts aren't cheap either.

I have seen flares made from plastic lawn trim, old checkout lane belts, and even sliced up old tires. But unless you are highly skilled and show great attention for detail, you are still left with lawntrim and rubber strips. That was the way it was for many years, and folks complained that there weren't any decent aftermarket flares available for the zook.

But now there are some really nice ones out there. Check the vendors.
Sometimes you get what you ask for. They aren't cheap, but then again it's not like you're tacking on garden supplies.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sammy flares!

i just put tj rear flares all around my 87 sammy,cost me 80.00 and some tired hands from the rivet tool, they look great had to trim back edge off on backside and the two plastic tabs on each fender and then i lined them up were i wanted them with tape marked holes with the prexsisting ones on fenders and drilled fenders with small bit....and put monster alluminum rivets into fenders bought some 3mm tape for backside of each flare also....you have to trim them down somewhat but hey it beats 400.00 and unless you have a wide wide stance u just dont need the others ...or unless you dont like the look of a jeep :huh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts