Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an answer to my old question?

I have found out my driveline vibrations is being caused because my driveline is out of phase. One u-joint is 24 degrees and the other is 5 degrees at the differential. I could shim the spring pads but my caster is 4.5 degrees. I need to bring the front of the differential down to phase the driveline but it will throw the castor off. So what do you guys do? It is a S.P.O.A. with wrangler springs.

Thank You

·
Registered
193 Posts
Check all your front U joint bearings (we call them crosses) that may be the source of the vibration. Also check the U joints from the transmission to the transfer case, hell if one is bad change all.

Also check the front wheel bearings and your lock hubs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Check all your front U joint bearings (we call them crosses) that may be the source of the vibration. Also check the U joints from the transmission to the transfer case, hell if one is bad change all.

Also check the front wheel bearings and your locking hubs one of which could be stuck. Also note the pinion bearings(the two at the top and bottom of the CV joint in the front axle) go bad fast in the front and may cause vibration also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have just about everything. I changed drivelines, I changed transfer cases, I changed front rear end, I removed the back driveline and removed the front axils and ran it with the same vibrations while setting on blocks. I took out the driveline spacer and extended the driveline to the exact length. I think the angle of the driveline must be too much. I only have vibs, when it is in 4 wheel drive. The hubs can be in or out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts