Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all
My samurai differential has a lot of play and a wenee noise ,have any of you had the same problem and the solution and if is simple to adjust and any of you know if a differential from a Suzuki sidekick 94 will be the same as the SUZUKI samurai 1987 or if it will be easy to adapt
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its not easy to adjust, requires removing the pinion gear and shimming to get the proper lash. Depending on wear, you may not be able to get the proper lash setting. No Sidekick diffs won't work and I know of no converion, and you'd have to do both front and rear as the sidekicks have a different ratio. If you lived in MO, I've got an extra diff, and two full axles as spares.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi to all
My samurai differential has a lot of play and a wenee noise ,have any of you had the same problem and the solution and if is simple to adjust and any of you know if a differential from a Suzuki sidekick 94 will be the same as the SUZUKI samurai 1987 or if it will be easy to adapt
Thanks
Hello stlblues:
Thanks for your replay and it has a lot of sense the part that if I change the one in the rear I will need to change the front differential too ,i was thinking to check the junk yards to see if I could found any sidekick because the SAMURAI are already extents ,I Live on Miami Fl and this cars are very unusual around here (,I love mine by the way) I being rebuilding the complete car and I being have a lot of work and a lot of fun to.
I will be taking out the rear differential to see if I could solve the problem. and if I an unable to fix it would you sell me one? if you have an extra and I will pay for ht shipping cost . my email is virgopelo^@yahoo.com

And thanks a lot for your replay you save a lot of time

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello stlblues:
Thanks for your replay and it has a lot of sense the part that if I change the one in the rear I will need to change the front differential too ,i was thinking to check the junk yards to see if I could found any sidekick because the SAMURAI are already extents ,I Live on Miami Fl and this cars are very unusual around here (,I love mine by the way) I being rebuilding the complete car and I being have a lot of work and a lot of fun to.
I will be taking out the rear differential to see if I could solve the problem. and if I an unable to fix it would you sell me one? if you have an extra and I will pay for ht shipping cost . my email is virgopelo^@yahoo.com

And thanks a lot for your replay you save a lot of time
Yes, I'll sell one. We used to do alot of off roading and jumping, I've had her 6' in the air a number of times, so when I had a chance to pick up a wrecked Sami for parts, I jumped on it. Plus I had diffs set up with different ratios for different off road events and tire sizes. When the kids came along, time for that kink of stuff dissapeared. I was in Cocoa Beach in Oct, could have saved some shipping. I have an extra set of doors I'm going to cut down wrangler style. I plan on going through mine, it mainly needs freshening up, though I'm going to build the engine more. And since most of the places to off road are now closed, reupolster the seats in nice cloth and go with more street friendly tread, BFG MTs are rather loud on the pavement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts