Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a european 1998 samurai 1.9td, with 5 speed manual gearbox. The engine is by Peugeot (I think). She has been left for about a month in high temperatures with almost no fuel. I have tried the manual pump at the filter but can't get the fuel flowing. Air is even being sucked in at the bleed nozzle. Have tried sucking fuel through but it still won't flow consistently. Please can you advise further action, am many kilometres from civilisation and mechanics.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Have you added more fuel to ensure that its not sucking up air from the tank? I would change the filter and check all the fuel lines for leaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Hi, thanks for that. Have half tank of fuel, also have just fitted new fuel filter and checked all tubes for leaks and tightened all jubilee clips. But still can't get fuel flow, it is difficult to suck through diesel. Am wondering if, because I let fuel get so low that problem may be in fuel tank. Do you know if there is likely to be a filter there that could get blocked? Thanks again for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts