Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 Samurai hard-top and I want make it convertable. Not JUST like the soft-tops im talking just the windshield! I know ill probably put a roll cage for stability and safety but I would then need a top with windows and stuff. Is there a kit somewhere for that? Would I be able to get a fairly nice top made for it, and ~how much$ ?

Any pics of conversions would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks,

Buddy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Id probaly lave it a hard top as they bring better money then sell it and buy a rag top They arent cheap on ebey these days most bring 3000 or more if ther pretty clean

·
Registered
201 Posts
i would try and find a non running rag top, and swap the tubs. unless you are thinking about tubing it out - and then it doesnt matter what the start base is.

but if you are going to be looking for a top after you cut the hard top off, then i would just switch tubs.

my .02 cents

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont want a soft top samurai, I want to cut everything out, including the top of the door frame leaving just the windshield pretty much.

·
Registered
201 Posts
still ... less cutting on a soft top, only targa bar and doors. and then you can maybe jerry rig some kind of top with the soft top that came with the convertible

good luck and take pics

·
Registered
9 Posts
Visit 4x4ph.com (delta recon, vitara club, suzuki club) and drool over the soft top sams in our country. We have lwb sams with removable 'glass tops & windshields that will fit your requirements

1 - 6 of 6 Posts