Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good link or know the easiest way to pull the front axle and replace both axle seals that hold the diff fluid in.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Does anyone ever reply on this forum?
Only if I have something ready for you to read...
I guess you don't visit here very often. But Welcome!

This is one thing I have done 30-40 times but never stopped to take pictures of it. Should have, would have, but didn't. Once you do it, you will realize how easy it is...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys.

So yesterday i had all four tires off and jacked up on jack stands. Wanted to engage it into 4x4 so i started it up and drove it while on the 4 jackstands. The front two spun but in a stop start motion rather than a normal spin. Granted there was no noise or anything coming from axle so im assuming that the hubs arnt locking correctly.

Could anyone help me out with this new issue pleae?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The hubs are an easy (yet very messy) puzzle. I bet there is old grease in them that is allowing a little rotation even when unlocked.
You can pull the cap off (don't loose the spring) and clean out the inside.
The same Service Manual has a diagram that shows the parts and the order they go in, but it really is easy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There is also a rebuild article floating around out there (suzukiinfo.com)...its not so hard once you follow the instructions. Oh and too much grease in there is a bad thing...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts