Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'm new to this site, so hello to everyone on here. Okay, so I've just finished some work on my 86' Sami JX, but it still has no air conditioning. I was wondering if anybody has a system that they might know of or want to sell. Furthermore, it is really worth it to spend the time and money to put air conditioning in it? Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
201 Posts
if you are going for air conditionsing, i have no idea if it is worth it, but if you are going for on board air compressor using the factory AC set up - then go for it.

sorry i know it seems like a clear cut thing, but for me not so much.

best of luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you are going for air conditionsing, i have no idea if it is worth it, but if you are going for on board air compressor using the factory AC set up - then go for it.

sorry i know it seems like a clear cut thing, but for me not so much.

best of luck
I am planning on just doing the factory air conditioning. What did you mean by on board air conditioning? Is it smarter to go that way?

·
Registered
199 Posts
First of all, I'm new to this site, so hello to everyone on here. Okay, so I've just finished some work on my 86' Sami JX, but it still has no air conditioning. I was wondering if anybody has a system that they might know of or want to sell. Furthermore, it is really worth it to spend the time and money to put air conditioning in it? Let me know what you guys think.
I won't drive any car without A/C.
More even so as global warming continues.

Is your sammy worth installing a/c vs. getting one with a/c already installed?
Only you can tell how well mantained is your sammy vs. one you'll buy (and you don't know how mechanically sound is)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an 88 samurai with the factory a/c. there is so much heat loss thru the soft top the a/c is not effective, and there is a noticable drag on engine in low speed traffic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Really depends on your daily usage. Are you using the sammy as a primary mean of transport daily or is it just for the weekends?

If the weather conditions where you are is usually cool and dry, I guess you can do without the air-con.

Where I am, it's dusty, hot between Apr-Sep and not to mention between Oct-Mar there's lots of rain, so having an Air Con is necessary either to keep cool during mid day or keeping dry during the wet season.

Having a stock engine (mine is 1000cc) would surely put heavy stress on engine performance, but I can live with that. I normally have the windows down unless I'm with the family or its raining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts