Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lotta ads for the adjustable cam gear but can't seem to find a place to actually purchase one. Does anyone have a reliable sourse for one or possibly have one that they will not be using. I am about to install a new camshaft and want to install the timing gear at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Many years ago, a small company built adjusables for the 1.6 but they fell into the same issue companies have realized over the last 15 years...
We are a small demographic in the world of automotive enthusiasts. If you can't sell enough product to make the manufacturing process affordable, the product will not get made again. They only did a small number of runs before the folks that could afford the part had bought all they needed. They stopped production within a year. The articles are still out there, but nobody is producing the part anymore.
Face it folks, we aren't running a small block chevy...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Face it folks, we aren't running a small block chevy...
However, besides the bling factor, it's nice to be able to tinker and have options when you have to go from city driving to the trails.;)
And I have found 2 different styles that were made for the 1.3. but as you said, supply and demand. I am just hoping to find one someone isn't using anymore. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'll try and post some pictures of my project soon. I have owned mine since 1998.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts