Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1991 samurai 1.3 8v efi I am trying to install an 1.3 16v (g13b) engine from a 1997 suzuki baleno.I already made a new wiring harness , I install a new fuse box and the engine is in place. I made a distributor adapter to my mini lathe and a themostat housing adapter to make clearance from firewall.Some photos of the adapters:

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

Today I install the old distributor from samy, I connect the new harness but I have a problem.The baleno's cam position sensor in distributor has two wires but sumarai's has three wires, in a triangular plug.I don't know what to do?
Any suggestions of how I could connect this are greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You need to use the distributor that matches the ECU, are you using the Baleno ECU?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.Yes I use the Baleno ECU but I can't use baleno distributor cause in this case I must cut the firewall, for this reason I made the adapter...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You will have to try to fit the internal parts from the Baleno distributor into the Samurai distributor or maybe source a distributor from an EFI Vitara, what does the Baleno distributor look like inside?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will have to try to fit the internal parts from the Baleno distributor into the Samurai distributor or maybe source a distributor from an EFI Vitara, what does the Baleno distributor look like inside?
the baleno distributor inside is like this I took the image from the baleno manual

Untitled.jpg

I think that some vitara have the same internal parts. Do you remember something more ( year or engine type) ?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I've only ever seen that style of trigger wheel on the Baleno, the Vitara has a crankshaft sensor to sync the timing instead of that 5th tooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts