Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put new rings in my g13a motor along with all new seals and gaskets. put all back together and put oil back in started up and ran fine. drove for about 100 miles or so and parked it for 2 days. tried to start it up again and have no oil at all.. the only time it smoked was when i took off for the first time after getting it back up and runnin and that was when i shifted into 2nd gear. put a little over 3 quarts back in it after it had none and it does not show up on the dipstick at all. drove it back home which is only about 5 miles away and the oil light came on before i could get home and just had put over 3 quarts in it. you can barely smell smoke when im shifting gears, do not see any smoke coming from tailpipe and no signs of leaks( has set on concrete for 2 days now and isnt a drop anywhere and engine is clean as can be) any help would be greatly appreciated as to how i can fix this..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have you watched for leaks while the engine was running on the concrete? That much oil use should cause quite the smoke screen so I'm guessing it's not going out the exaust. It might be a loose oil filter blowing out as you go down the road.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Interesting link about oil consumption
Reasons For Motor Oil Consumption Tech Talk

My guess is the either the valve guides or a faulty PVC. Is you PVC valve connected correctly to your valve cover and air intake? Might also check your air-box to see if it is oily from blow-by.

Nothing to base it on, but there is a high probability that today's highly-refined motor oil burns cleaner and not as effective mosquito killer as in the old days.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nothin burns that clean 3 qts in 5 miles? Thats more oil than gas based on 20 miles per gallon he burns 1qt gas in 5 miles and 3 qts oil ! I dont think its possible to burn that much oil with out a serious smoke cloud.
3 quarts ... no smoke = oil leak.

Let us know whats going on . Id like to know its got to be simple since the oil leak is so bad perhaps the oil filter.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If is ain't leaking, smoking, or in the coolant, then the only thing that will hold that much oil is the gas tank. You might want to re-check the hoses going to you evaporative canister or the fuel-return line to make sure that nothing is crossed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts