Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just did a 1995 Tracker 16v swap into my 86 Sammy.

I just cranked over the fully rebuilt 16v for the first time. I have a couple questions and really hope someone can help me out. The engine fired right up, and I'm supposed to run at 1500 rpms for 15 minutes for break-in. The problem is the T-stat housing gets too hot to touch, but the gauge didn't budge off cold...I know I should put in real gauges, but in the mean time...There are two spade connections on the 16v t-stat housing. I hooked the connector to the right (psgr) side and it maxed out the gauge (no matter how warm or cold). I placed the spade on the front, and the temp gauge will not budge over cold, but the engine is hot. Oh yeah, and there is an old Sammy ground wire that was hooked up to the 1.3 T-stat housing and it broke off/ corroded. I stripped it to some new wire and touched the 16v housing, but it didn't seem to effect the gauge at all. I am pretty sure the problem is somewhere with the spade connections or ground. I don't want to overheat my new engine, so any tips would be GREATLY appreciated, until I can get some real gauges!!

Background- The Sammy with 1.3 ran great, no overheating. I had the radiator rodded by a shop. Using the 86 Sammy shroud and Tracker fan (Tracker ran great just rebuilt for peace of mind) Swap had a few head scratchers, but pretty uneventful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts