Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 87 Sammi for $400. It is caged out and has a fuel cell where the back seat was and with no lift someone put 31's under it, lots of terrible rubbing going on (do i go shackles? new leafs? What does a SPOA cost if i do the work?). Aside from that the poor thing is totally gutted and bone stock. Project for me!! It was a parts runner down in Mexico.

All it needs to run as far as I can tell is an electric fuel pump from the fuel cell to the carb and a starter. What kind of pump should I get? I dont have a clue what kind of output pressure im looking for. Also, what is the best bang for the buck to get some more ponies out of this thing, headers to straight pipe, intake, a Weber?

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
well from the looks of if i'm gonna guess you done want to put it on the road. So the best way to get lift is the SPOA lift. you can either purchase one from rocky off raod or other places or if your like me and dont want to sink too much money into it you can build one your self. i have a link i will attach at the bottom of my post that will help you out. now for this lift you will need to do some welding and what not but nothing too complicated. i just did my front end over the weekend. i got about 5"-6" lf lift. it is recommended to get some sort of steering solution like the mercedes steering arm or a Z-lint bar. i havent done this yet tho. if you dont get a solution you will get some rubbing on the leaf spring from the upper control arm (correct me if i'm wrong) but thats only when you steer right and for me since i'm not doing anything big out there in the trails i'm going to leave it how it is for now. as for the fuel pump and what not i dont know much about that but i assume that billjohn will reply with a great solution for you.

anyways here's the link Basic spring over lift - Zukikrawlers

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
To be honest, that thread by Holeshot is one of the best home garage SPOA instruction threads I had ever read. Take a look at the number of hits on it... He did a great job. He took the time to show every step. More patience than I had when I do them.

:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, this thing will never see a paved road as far as im concerned, its a straight up toy. The SPOA looks easy enough for my skill set, thats a great link. Thanks a lot!!

Now who knows how to get some power out of this 1.3??

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Now who knows how to get some power out of this 1.3??
Hehehehe...
You can throw on a header, some 2" exhaust and a weber... but each part will only give you a little more performance at a time.

If you are serious about power, rebuild it with better parts and then follow it up with a Harley CV carb conversion.
Engine

Harley Carb

I then went to a Petroworks HD clutch. When I was done, I could spin the tires in the first three gears...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the long reply, ive been in Hawaii on business. :) rebuilding sounds like a plan. now do i put a new central air unit in my house or dump the money into the sammy? im sure the wife will make the decision on that on. thanks for the info!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts