Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 87 Samurai and it will not start, I will be more specific. When I turn the ignition over to start the engine it acts as if I am not engaging the clutch to start the engine.

Symptoms prior to today, it would not stay running, when you would come to a stop the engine would idle down to low to stay running. I don't think this has anything to do with the above but you never know.

Any direction on where I should start to fix the problem...

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's a switch under the dash that's activated by the clutch pedal. This switch is used to disable starting if the clutch pedal is not pressed. Check there first to see if the switch is broken, mis-aligned, etc. I actually bypassed the switch in my Zuki... sure if it's in gear and I don't push in the clutch pedal, it will surge forward when I hit the starter. But when mine started having the "won't start" problem due to this switch, I got tired of not knowing when it would start or not start. Your decision.:cool:

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
If it's not the clutch switch then you have to determine if you're not getting spark or fuel. If fuel & ignition okay then could be ECM or timing issue. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts