Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recall affects 2010? (not sure because in Canada we only have 2011 models), and 2011 Kizashi w/ J24B motor, and is by VIN.

The drive belt tensioners are apparently failing (spring breaking) and the belt could fall off, etc...I've never seen one of these fail - but the old tensioners on Aerios and SX4s fail a lot more often haha....

Recall is by VIN - you will get your letter within the week. Just a heads up!

Recall is in Canada and possibily other markets.

Editting for typo in engine size - should be J24B** mods please edit the title

·
Registered
2 Posts
jemery

I have a Grand Vitata 2.4 J24B engined Late 2009. From about 1000 miles it has had a tick/knock at load revs below 2000. The dealer replaced the fan belt, this did not stop it. He then inentified that the belt tension pulley was noisey. This was replaced, it was better for a few miles but now at 12000 miles it souds like a diesel, or a small end knock. All the noise is coming from the pulley. If I put my engineers stethascope on the pelley bolt it is deafening. With this amount of vibration it is no wonder that the spring breaks because of the amount of noise energy it is subjected to.
At the dealers we checked another Vitara and it too was noisey. You need to engage drive to hear the noise better, it seems to increase with engine load, very strange.
There is a major design fault that Suzuki seem to be ignoring. This is the noisiest petrol engined car I have ever owned.
Apart from this I love the car, it is my 4th Vitara.
The dealer seems helpless, any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts