Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 2005

I received a vehicle recall notice from GM ragarding a safety defect that exists in certain 2004 and 2005 model year Chevrolet Epica and Optra vehicles.

Some of these vehicles have a brake lamp switch that may become misadjusted if an upward force is applied to the underside of the pedal. If this were to occur, the ABS brake system and regular brake system would operate normally, however, the brake lamps may stay illuminated after the driver's foot is removed from the pedal. A constant illumiation of the brake lamps may fail to warn a following driver when the vehicle is braking and could lead to a vehicle accident.

This can also cause the battery to become discharged once the engine is off, the traction and cruise control systems to be disabled, and the brake-transmission shift interlock to be disabled.

The service requires replacement of the brake lamp switch.

·
Registered
839 Posts
March 2005

I received a vehicle recall notice from GM ragarding a safety defect that exists in certain 2004 and 2005 model year Chevrolet Epica and Optra vehicles.

Some of these vehicles have a brake lamp switch that may become misadjusted if an upward force is applied to the underside of the pedal. If this were to occur, the ABS brake system and regular brake system would operate normally, however, the brake lamps may stay illuminated after the driver's foot is removed from the pedal. A constant illumiation of the brake lamps may fail to warn a following driver when the vehicle is braking and could lead to a vehicle accident.

This can also cause the battery to become discharged once the engine is off, the traction and cruise control systems to be disabled, and the brake-transmission shift interlock to be disabled.

The service requires replacement of the brake lamp switch.
Hi there ......
yes got the brake switch fixed also ...... another recall is for the 02 sensor recalibration ...... I posted that earlier.... At 38,000KM so far so good with only a glitch or two regarding surging at highway speed.
Michael ........ in BC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts