Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, has anyone had leak in their drivers footwell. Had since bought for 2014 S-Cross SX4. Comes and goes. Seems like it’s fine until rains consistently.
It’s not 1. Windscreen, 2. Door Seals 3. Drain gutter 4. From rear seats all other areas are bone dry. The wet area in low down on the driver side only. It also doesn’t seem like it’s coming from the track of the rear top stoplight or fuel cap cable track. 5. Electrics are all dry as are sill channels in A and B pillars.

I don’t think it’s coming in from roof as lining is all dry, there’s no sunroof. Looking at land rover forums they mention AC, but that is on opposite passenger side and protected. There is an overflow and I’ve noticed this allows drips onto the steering column shaft insulation.

a. Has anyone had same?
b. Has anyone any plans/ pictures for what should be in there for drip trays/ baffles? It seems a bad design fault.
c. The insulating material for steering column seems absorbent, should there be a plastic cover hood for or bag around the column?

I now call it a submarine so any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
2017 SX4 S-Cross, Saab 9-5 Estate 2.3 Stg 1, 2001 Saab 9-3 'Vert, '81 Triumph TR7 DHC
47 Posts
I don't know the S-Cross - yet. However, from other cars, there is normally a drain from the AC air intake plenum to drain away any rain and also from the heater box to drain condensate from the AC evaporator. These can get blocked and then cause an overflow into the footwells. No idea how you get to them on these cars, maybe others can help. Might start with removing the pollen filter to see what is in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts