Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what is involved in hooking up the Daytime Driving Lights in a 2017 S-Cross Turbo?
For some reason they are not fitted to the latest Turbo models in Australia.
The earlier models of the S-Cross had them fitted across the range and the Vitara has them across the range but not this latest Turbo S-Cross.
Thanks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Anybody know what is involved in hooking up the Daytime Driving Lights in a 2017 S-Cross Turbo?
The earlier models of the S-Cross had them fitted across the range and the Vitara has them across the range but not this latest Turbo S-Cross.
Thanks.
Do you mean the LED position lights that were below the headlight? On the 2017 they moved to look like eyebrows over the indicators.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes – the lights are fitted to the car but don't come on automatically when driving during the day.
This feature has been removed from this latest version.
They must need some sort of module to be plugged in to make them work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes – the lights are fitted to the car but don't come on automatically when driving during the day.
This feature has been removed from this latest version.
They must need some sort of module to be plugged in to make them work.
*subscribed.

Just noticed this with our S-Cross Prestige Turbo today. Light switch is set to "Auto", but DRL's not operating unless you turn the light switch to Park/Headlight.

Contrary to what sales guy said :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No – you are not activating the DRL's. You are turning on the parking lights (or position lights as Suzuki call them) and the tail lights. The dash also dims.
This is not the same as the Daytime Running Lights which are no longer fitted to these two models.
Suzuki Australia tell you to contact your local service department.
I have asked several Perth Suzuki service departments and they don't know anything about them.
There must be some option to buy a relay or module to have them operate as in the previous model S-Cross.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks.
Also own a 2017 S-Cross Presteige , under the impression when purchasing that the DRL's worked on the Presteige model as it has the led lights fitted. They don't, rang suzuki Au their fix was to manualy turn the headlights ON, not to auto on, as this only turns the headlights on in poor light conditions. NOT happy with their response! I then asked why the same model car in NZ and all other countries do have working DRL's, their response, don't know. I have since found out the fuse for the drl's is in place and has power to it. A mechanic suggested it could be a control module left out or possibly a setting in the body control module turned off. Need to find a suzuki mechanic to find out which it is. Hope someone can help

·
Registered
388 Posts
I then asked why the same model car in NZ and all other countries do have working DRL's, their response, don't know.
I wonder if the NZ ones actually have DRL. The NZ brochure for the S-Cross turbo mentions "LED position lights" whereas the Vitara does mention DRL. Usually DRL are brighter than position lights. The aftermarket Hella DRL can function as both as they can change brightness levels.

Still on the subject of lighting, how well do the LED projector headlamps work?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Ignis and new 2017 Swift are supposed to have Daytime Running Lights but not mentioned in the specifications.
There are YouTube videos showing how to disable the DRL's on a couple of Suzuki vehicles.
One is for the Ignis:
The combination switch is used but it doesn't have the auto on headlights.
I couldn't get it to work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Before i contacted suzuki AU checked suzuki NZ website early may late april s-cross specs listed led drl standard on presteige model. Checked NZ site today, spec sheet has been changed to led front position lights only not drl. Global suzuki site clearly states the front position led lights also act as drl's,they are much brighter than the front position lights when turned on, seems like suzuki AU & now NZ have this safety feature disabled for some reason, known only to them. The projector headlights are very good, definitley better than the halogen,which I must admit to my supprise are also pretty good. We were able to drive the s cross with halogen lights before we got the presteige

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did exactly the same thing and around the same time.
How far did you get with Suzuki Australia? I could only get as far as customer service and was told they do have internal techs but I can't speak to them. Have to go through a local Suzuki service department.
The tech there said he could do it only to discover after 45 minutes they weren't fitted – after consulting with the sales guy.
Tried to tell me they are supposed to be under the fog lights. Obviously had never seen the headlights on a Prestige.
Asked at spare parts if they have a module – no – but they do have a kit available at a cost of around $700!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Suzuki Australia,I got as far as you did,they did sugest I turn the headlights on if i wanted drl's. As for the lights not being fitted, if you have the led projector headlights and led front outline lights (parking lights) I am led to believe you have drl's fitted but disabled. (if you have the halogen headlights there are no drl) There is a body control module mounted under the dash on rhs not easy to find, a mechanic (not suzuki) suggested there may be a setting in it to turn on or off drl but you would need a suzuki mechanic to access it with their electronic readers. Not giving up yet will get them turned on somehow

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I agree with everything you are saying but my theory is that there is a module missing – probably to cut costs.
The DRLs are on the Vitara and Ignis and apparently the way to enable/disable them is via the combination switch.
The YouTube video shows how to do it with the Ignis and another shows it being done on a Vitara.
We need somebody with a Vitara or an S-cross with DRL's fitted to say if they have this module and where it is located.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unsure of cost saving but may be an adr problem?? or they could be linked to one of the many other safety options that are not available to us . As you suggested it would be good to hear from a vitara owner to find out if they can be turned on or off

·
Registered
388 Posts
Re ADRs they may be similar to NZ. Must have position lights but DRL optional. If DRL fitted they must switch off when fog or main headlights are on or reduce output to become position lights. Maybe that is the problem.

·
Registered
853 Posts
SInce the specific S-Cross forum
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/2014-s-cross/
has been existing for 3 years, I guess S-cross owners would look there for relevant info or with their questions, and would miss all S-Cross info , questions and replies, that appear by mistake on the Classic SX4 forum. It would be a good practice and real help for S-Cross owners, which is the intended goal of forums, to use the specific S-Cross forum for S-Cross issues.
I think Suzuki should have dropped the SX4 label from the S-Cross.....
(in fact, Suzuki France does not use the SX4 label for the S-Cross
http://www.suzuki.fr/modele/s-cross.html)

·
Registered
853 Posts
If you go to "other suzuki models" the S-Cross is right there in plain sight. It also shows in "Suzuki models" ...but much lower in the list.
However, because of the confusion due to the SX4 label , I think many do not consider the S-Cross to be "another" model....hence it will be a good idea to post a "STICKY" on the SX4 forum for a redirect to the S-Cross forum. THe forum administrator can do that. AND the administrator could transfer S-Cross issues from the SX4 forum to the S-Cross forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The problem is if you don't land on that front page you never see those listings so are not aware of them.
I feel they should be added to the list on the side as well.
Hope the administrator can add it and swap these postings.
Thanks.

·
Registered
853 Posts
MR Administrator please Hear THis Hear THis

...I feel it should be added to the list on the side
I agree S-Cross should be a separate listing added to the "Model Specific" list on the left since there is a specific forum for that model.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts