Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have 1999 5 door Vitara JLX 1.6 (Spain).

There are some rusts and rottenness under the body as i attached their photos. I wish to learn what kind of meterial of these parts were maden and is there any way to fix them or change the parts ?

Thanks for any answer,.

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
Are you thinking "self" repair or from a local shop?

We have no idea as to your availability of replacement panels, shop labor rates, nor the EXTENT of damage (beyond the painted / obvious surfaces).

Indicate your location under "User CP". That may help here in determining cost / parts at least.

You can gain a lot of knowledge from this thread...
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki...ect-tetanus-warning-picture-heavy-thread.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for advice, i complete my CP. I am reading the threat now that is very useful, thank you again

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
I didn't realize it was you Kuz!

Kuz...sort of slang for cousin here (VERY loosely translated). :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Cousin :) Honestly your advices are very much appreciated and i link your advices to our friends by translating.

By the way, there are many things i wanted to ask but instead of creating new topics i am searching first, if there is any discussion before or not. The problem is "terms", somehow they are different as how we call, so when i check with my words i cant find them. (such as this topic. It has already wonderful discussion before)

Sorry for that :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello again,

Now i have simple but very complex problem to solve. i suppose that my 1999 model Suzuki Vitara JLX 1.6 is made in Spain.. But some friends say it seems made in Canada. I want to understand what vesrion exactly coz it is important when i buy parts.

How i can find the difference between Spain and Canada versions ?

Such as that is my engine. There is a problem on rubber part, maybe oil is leaking from this part. But is it Canada or Spain i dont know.

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
I'd suspect it to be non-Canadian based on the engine size, but if you post your VIN (vehicle identification number) maybe Fordem can break down the origin. :)

I do recall at least one (other than the usual 2.0) in a Vitara of your body style post out of Canada though

Are there any emissions or other similar stickers under the hood with info?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd suspect it to be non-Canadian based on the engine size, but if you post your VIN (vehicle identification number) maybe Fordem can break down the origin. :)

I do recall at least one (other than the usual 2.0) in a Vitara of your body style post out of Canada though

Are there any emissions or other similar stickers under the hood with info?
The VIN number is VSEETW01V01204182 and i attached the sticker under the hood.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,270 Posts
The VIN number is VSEETW01V01204182 and i attached the sticker under the hood.
I would suspect that it is not Canadian.. The labels would be English/French... Not Spanish....

.... Philip

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would suspect that it is not Canadian.. The labels would be English/French... Not Spanish....

.... Philip
Thank you very much Philip, you are right. This is writen by Spanish. Also i searched in VIN number with Decoder and it says,

VIN: VSEETW01V01204182
WMI / VDS / VIS: VSE / ETW01V / 01204182
Warning: VIN has invalid check digit. Make sure it is spelled correctly! (check digit = 3, found = V)

Make (Manufacturer): Suzuki Espana
Model year: ?
Manufactured in: Spain (Europe)
Sequential number: 204182

But i dont understand why there are some difference as casual Spanish models? At tire arch moldings, door arch moldings etc.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,270 Posts
The Spain line supplies most Mediterranean and European markets.. Each having their individual requirements..

.... Philip

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now with VIN number i couldn't solve the model specific.

One decoder says
VSE ETW01 V 0 1 204182

Region : 1 V Europe
Manufacturer: 2-3 SE Suzuki España
Model Specific: 4-8 ETW01 Unknown
Check Digit : 9 V Invalid
Year : 10 0 Unknown
Assembly Plant: 11 1 1
Serial Number: 12-17 204182 204182

Another one says the same;
VSE ETW01 V 0 1 204182

Manufacturer: Santana Motor SA
Manufacturer address: Avenida Primero De Mayo S/N 23700 Linares / Spain
Make: Suzuki
Check digit: V
Model year: 10th char in VIN code is not allowed (U, Z and 0).
Plant code: Spain
Sequential number: 204182

Both are saying the same, Model Specific (ETW01) is Unknown, Check Digit ( V) invalid and Year (0) is Unknown...

Any idea :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have another clue. There is a sticker at the back of battery. It is writing there "Santana" which Spanish version calls. (attached)

So my Vitara is definetely Spanish version.

But there are some difference with casual Santana. This is special edition that design by an Italian designer. Therefore i am trying to find his name to understand the diferences.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts