Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 88 it had carpet in it and I took it out cause eventually I want to put a bedliner in it and found out why it had carpet.. the back driver side wheel well is almost all the way rusted off. It's connected by roughly a foot of metal collectively and my roll bar. I probably could get some L pieces of metal and weld it on. I was thinking of making new wheel wells all together. If I did that route I would probably extend the sides up to make a lock box. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, you can still purchase the wheel houses and the back cargo corners from Suzuki to replace yours. The rust under and around your roll bar is a structural integrity issue to some extent so any repair to firm up the surrounding area would be good. What are your plans with the samurai street truck, offroad any mods spring over, bigger tires?

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
car wont stay on

I have a 96 geo tracker and i just brought a new head to put on . The car idols rough and when i take my foot of the gas it stops running .. why is that ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It could be a number of things, timing, plugs and wires, bad fuel, improper spark plug gaps, ecm is faulty, misrouted firing order with the wires. What happens when you push down on the accelerator ? Is the tracker stumbling or slow to accelerate? Did you recently get the tracker and has it sat for some time with old fuel or was this a daily driver for you? Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
four years

Yes , the car has sat for four years , the timing is alittle off but the the plugs and wires are good , and i have not changed the fuel so thst might be the problem.

Thanks Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts