Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Runs better cold "More info"......

Sorry, I guess a little info would help...
1994 Sidekick with 1.6L 16valve with 200,000 miles.

I just bought the car a couple of weeks ago. It ran good when I test drove it but the RPM's stayed around 2500 when idling. I had it tuned up and the compression checked and the compression was low. #1 had only around 80 pounds of compression. The rest were around 140 I think. The engine would never warm up to operating temp so I pulled the thermostat and sure enough it was stuck open. Replaced the thermostat and the RPM's dropped right down to 800 when it warms up. But now with the engine idled down it run rough below the 2500 rpm range unless you realy put your foot in it when accelerating.
I'm sure I need a valve job but realy can't afford it right now. Is there anything I can check or do to help the low RPM,s stumble for now? Like I said, when you first start up in the morning it run's good but when it warms up it get's the low RPM stumble.

·
Registered
56 Posts
does the car feel like its missfiring......or check for a vacuum leak around the throttle body or intake manifold...spray brake clean around it....if the idle goes up then for sure u have a vacuum leak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts