Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any downfalls to the ruf kit? and could i instead of replacing the rears just go the the junkyard and get another set of stock sammie rears and leave the back and just have the front a little higher? after the spoa kit it seems lower in the front anyways? and the little extra lift would help for the 33s? anyways any advice would be much appriciated

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
is there any downfalls to the ruf kit? and could i instead of replacing the rears just go the the junkyard and get another set of stock sammie rears and leave the back and just have the front a little higher? after the spoa kit it seems lower in the front anyways? and the little extra lift would help for the 33s? anyways any advice would be much appriciated
When putting the rears up front (RUF), it is best if you remove the overload spring leafs and add the second leaf (touches the main leaf) from the front packs to the rears. This smoothes out the ride a bit without compromising the ability of the spring packs.

If you just bolt on a set of rears you will have a rough ride and the overoads will hang down and grab debris as you go through the trails.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
oh yeah...and does a front missing link take the place of the ruf kit offered on rocky road?
And yes, when you swap rears to the front you can use a RUF kit OR Missing links. I actually installed front CJ's in the front of my zook by using both methods at once...

Going Long - CJ Spring Packs Up Front

Then I went to wranglers within 6 months.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
exactly what all would i need to do a missing link in the front with cjs in the back? would anything have to go in back?
Same thing in back. The Sammy rears are longer than the sammy fronts, so you use a RUF kit or Missing Links to mount them in front.

The CJ fronts are longer than the Sammy rears, so you use a RUF kit or Missing links to mount them in back. Same Same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts