Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Suzuki, a 86 Sammy, a/c works but when you turn it on the rpm's jump to 3k or so and stay until a/c turned off. any idea what it could be?

·
Super Moderator
12,347 Posts
Your "idle-up" actuator is most likely out of adjustment.

You haven't told us where you are, and Samurais have different carburetors depending on where they were sold, but there is usually a vacuum actuator that moves an idle speed stop/screw to compensate for the increased load of the a/c compressor.

You'll need two people for this - observe the carburetor linkages whilst some one else turns the a/c on & off - you'll see the linkage move, look for the adjustment screw connected to that linkage and readjust the idle.

Please note - there may be two linkages that move - one for electrical load, and one for a/c load - you need to look closely - have your helper leave the a/c off and turn the blower fan on & off and you should be able to see the electrical load linkage that way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in southeast texas, it was 100 yesterday and going to be 99 today. I found the problem, I was gullible when the guy told me it was a underdash system. all the underdash and wiring is there but no compressor, condensor etc. the system is adjusting for a/c load but there is no load.
anyone have any picts or a list of how the underhood compinents are supposed to be?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I am completing the AC install in my 87 Samurai, I got a pretty complete system and installed it last year less compressor and brackets. Just this month got the ac compressor and bracketry to make it work with my PS. I have the 16v engine but if you need pics I will soon have as Im replacing my engine with a fresh one and when it goes in it will have the AC/PS brackets and belt in tact. I'll grab some pics before it goes in and after installed. Depending on what your setup is I may have some of the bits to hang a compressor on it.

Also just got my AC service gauges and vacuum so hope to have it working by months end.

What are you planning to use for refrigerant in that crazy heat?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well all of the AC components were not there, so I am looking for the compressor brackets and hoses. I plan on using 134a if I ever get the parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts