Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Automotive tire
Hey guys, new here and a noob when it comes to cars, too. So forgive me if I sound uneducated, it's only cause I am haha!
I'm in Victoria, Australia if that's of any relevance.
I want roof racks for my GV (2000 model, 3dr, sq420, j20a) and I found some roof rack mounting points under the hard plastic caps in the rubber that runs in the gutter of the roof. I'm absolutely stumped on where to look, what to search, who is my best bet as a stockist. I've looked high and low on the web with no success!
Can anyone here point me in the right direction for a compatible rack that will either fit the mount point, or a rack that will be able to be fitted to my vehicle without drilling into the roof?
Pics of the roof and mount point for reference and help.
Thank you all in advance!
Hood Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
17,793 Posts
I don't know what those are, but I don't think they are roof rack mount points - on the SQ series vehicles the roof racks (or rails) mount to studs that project vertically from the roof surface.
Vehicle Hood Automotive mirror Car Automotive lighting

This is the left rear "foot" on my vehicle, with the cap removed - the left roof rail itself is just out of the frame, but the end of the right side rail is visible, along with a cross bar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what those are, but I don't think they are roof rack mount points - on the SQ series vehicles the roof racks (or rails) mount to studs that project vertically from the roof surface.
View attachment 106057
This is the left rear "foot" on my vehicle, with the cap removed - the left roof rail itself is just out of the frame, but the end of the right side rail is visible, along with a cross bar.
Font Parallel Newspaper Paper Paper product

Do you suppose this is different to what I'm looking at on my roof then? I'm a bit confused now haha.

·
Administrator
17,793 Posts
OK, I take back what I said earlier - that does look like a mount point for a similar style roof rack.

Having said that - your second post is specific to the third gens (JB series) which were supplied with either a recessed rail or no rail at all, if you had the style with no rail, you remove the caps and this is what you'd find below.
Ruler Office ruler Gas Font Measuring instrument

We just unbolt the anchors and bolt a custom built rack directly to the roof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I take back what I said earlier - that does look like a mount point for a similar style roof rack.

Having said that - your second post is specific to the third gens (JB series) which were supplied with either a recessed rail or no rail at all, if you had the style with no rail, you remove the caps and this is what you'd find below.
View attachment 106060
We just unbolt the anchors and bolt a custom built rack directly to the roof.
Ahhhh! Brilliant information. Thank you. Have you got any idea about the 2nd gen like what I have, as to what the little mount looking thing is under the black cap? I don't know what to call it haha! The bit on my roof that I posted a pic of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts