Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have always filled my car up at the BP servos because I know they have good quality fuel but there is a problem, they don't sell RON95, they only sell ULP 91, E10 and Ultimate (RON 98).

There is a sticker on the fuel cap saying RON 95 or higher.

So my question is if there is any advantage of to put in RON98 in the Alto, does it give more power and better fuel economy then ron95.

They have a special deal that basically sell me the ron98 for the same price other servos sell ron95 for. What I'm thinking is that it might use more fuel with ron98 because it's made for ron95, but I'm not sure.

So does anyone now if there is any advantage using ron98 in the newest Alto?

Here is the exact specification of my model 996cc http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/new/details?R=627749&Silo=Spec&Vertical=Car&Ridx=0&eapi=2

Thanks very much for your help!

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
9 Posts
RON98 worth it in a 2006 Alto

I routinely check my fuel economy by zeroing the trip counter and filling up the the brim every time, and my results suggest RON98 is worth it - in a 2006 Alto at least.

On RON 95 I get 12 miles per litre consistently, but with the Super unleaded I get 13 miles per litre.

This is 8% better, so I only use RON 98 when the price difference is less than this. Fortunately the difference seems to stay the same at about 8 pence. When fuel was 90p/98p, it was not worth it as the price difference was 9%. But now fuel is 137p/145p the price difference is 6%.

Damn - do I post this? I sound like a real saddo! Obviously I spend the money I save on wild nights out. Honest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts