Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own two 2013 :SX4's Have had the mice eat into the cabin air filters and got no further! This year both vehicles got infested in the right rear section with the spare tire! the cabin air filters are still intact? Is there an air outlet/ventilation opening somewhere in that area? The doors have been open now for two days and the smell is not leaving.
The nesting was only in that area? seat cushions are all good nothing under the dash either. I did NOT pull the center console but I might need to?

any ideas as to how they are getting in??

Thanks..... :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
For removing the smell, after clearing out the nests, try (activated) charcoal. It works well on old smelly refridgerators too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the prompt replies! the body breakdown sheets are great! And thanks for the charcoal trick, I forgot about that one.
I'll check them out tomorrow and see What I find on both sides!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rodents nesting in rear of vech

All fixed! thanks for the input/help with this issue! First one took 3 hours second one 1 1/4 hrs!:D
Pix list: from start to finish!
254 RH vent with evidence!
256 vent close up NO noted damage to flappers
259 LH vent
262 missing sound deadening This was used to make the nesting!! Not the seat cushions or dash felt!!
265 outdoor moulding tape/ wire ties
266 tape on vent
268 Coarse steel wool unrolled
269 finished size 5"/6"
270 steel wool onto tape
270 wire ties prior to being cut
275 rust preventer sprayed onto steel wool
276 replacement sound deadening foam
276 panel back in place

·
Registered
826 Posts
I own two 2013 :SX4's.....(
GOing through the pictures, I could not figure out what car it was...till Darrell's diagrams revealed it was a sedan.....maybe a good idea to make it clear in your profile (text or photo) or signature

·
Registered
826 Posts
As the vents are square, is that not the hatchback?
...was still trying to figure that out. I think I'll have to see how it looks once down to the floor of the spare tire ....not the usual angle of vision....:huh:
I think I had stopped looking at diagram 220 (sedan) but indeed the shape of vents more relate to the hatchback (221,222)
And P1020276.jpg (pic 12 and also pic 13 ) definitely make the point. My mistake ! :confused:

and...wow...how clean !

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
...was still trying to figure that out. I think I'll have to see how it looks once down to the floor of the spare tire ....not the usual angle of vision....:huh:
I think I had stopped looking at diagram 220 (sedan) but indeed the shape of vents more relate to the hatchback (221,222)
And P1020276.jpg (pic 12 and also pic 13 ) definitely make the point. My mistake ! :confused:

and...wow...how clean !
I don't think we got the sedan over here, well I don't recall ever seeing one. No big deal on the vents, just looks like the sedan ones are rectangular.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I don't think we got the sedan over here, well I don't recall ever seeing one....
There are a few here...but not many as the sedan came only as 2WD and in that segment, it had lots of competition. Because of the winter climate here in eastern Canada, most bought the SX4 for its AWD feature, and they were bought in very large numbers since in those years, it was one of the very few, I'd dare to say, the only small cute reliable AWD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts