Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 4 door Tracker is needing rocker panels. And since I recently did the timing chain set replacement, and the engine sounds and runs like new with 246k miles, I figure it's worth the cost of panel replacement.
All the searching I've done (mostly ebay) leads me to rocker panels that don't look like mine but say they're for 99-05. The 2nd gen Tracker has a more rounded shape to it, while all the ones for sale look like somebody just bent up some sheet metal in a brake. Then I stumbled upon this site...
Chevy Tracker Rocker Panels - Rust Repair Panels
They have the rocker panels that look like the factory ones. They are calling them "O.E.M." and charging $125 per side. Ouch. They also have the cheaper square-looking ones I'm seeing everywhere else.
I guess I'm just surprised that 2 parts that look completely different are for the same thing. I always just assumed any rocker panel would look like the factory one it's replacing. But it seems there's the o.e.m. style for a high price, or a "fill the gap" style for much cheaper.
Has anyone used these square-looking rocker panels? How bad do they look?

·
Registered
75 Posts
They don't look bad at all! I'm currently fixing up a 2000 tracker for a friend to take to med school in florida. It's dark blue with the black "square" rocker repair panels put on. Unfortunately, whoever put them on didn't properly clean out/treat the inner metal on the back side for rot because it has some holes up under the car.

The rocker panels look great from the outside in my opinion! For a 14 year old car, there's def no complaints. You can tell they're different than stock if you know what the stock ones looked like but they are definitely a more reasonable solution unless you want to shell out $250 for the rockers alone...not counting installation costs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts