Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you can replace the little wire clip that goes on the intake rockers( I think it's intake) without pulling the head? When I had my head worked one of the clips broke and I was told by the builder that it wasnt needed. I believe this clip missing is the source of my small ticking noise in my engine. I checked the valve adj twice so I'm pretty sure it's not a valve adjustment issue. It's really not bad but it just gets on my nerves. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
24,462 Posts
What clip are you talking about? I think there are two cotter pins that connect above the seal on the valve.....???? If so, it's a big enough job. My recommendation would be to turn your radio louder - anyway, I would assume that if it is just one pin, your logic would mean that just one valve is louder.....If your ticking is louder on all valves, then one pin wouldn't be the issue, IMHO.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bex it's the intake rocker arm clip. Shaped like a horse shoe. I had a earlier post asking about this when I had the head off and you listed the part. P/N is 12849-71C03. Just wondered if you could replace them w the head/cam intact?

·
Super Moderator
13,727 Posts
I've never tried, but I don't see why it couldn't be done with the head in place - it doesn't require the valve cotters to be removed. It looks like it would be a "fiddly" job, and might be easier with the cam out - if it were me, I'd certainly try doing it "in situ", and I would much prefer to have it in place.

As for it not being needed - trust me - there isn't a single part on that car that isn't needed. Every last washer & plastic clip has a cost attached to it, which the manufacturer has to absorb or pass onto the purchaser - if he absorbs it, his bottom line goes up, profits go down - if he passes the cost one, price of the car goes up, sales go down, profits go down - car manufacturers don't fit parts that aren't needed.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was my thinking too when I ask him. He's the "expert" though. I'm sure not knowledgable enough to doubt him. I wish I'd just did it while it was out. If it requires removing the cam I'm going to do like Bex mentioned and ignore it. Can't really hear it in the car just outside of it.

·
Super Moderator
24,462 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts