Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16v 1.6. There's a little wire clip that goes on the short arms that go to the intake valves. It looks like it holds tension on the arm. I broke it and after adjusting the valves noticed that particular arm has some slack in it. The guy that rebuilt the head for me said it wouldn't hurt anything not having it there. Wanted to make sure he was right. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Can you take a photo??

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bex it's the intake clip spring,part number 12849-71co2. I'm wondering if it will make noise without it. He said it wouldn't but I'm not sure. After I got the head back on and adjusted my valves it got me second guessing him so I thought I would check w the experts.

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
OK, called valve keeper. Number 15 here, and sells for less than $4
Suzuki Parts - Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store

Someone else that has delved further into their engine can tell you how 'necessary' it is, but just in searching the forum, have found questions about the keeper regarding knocking and oil leaks. Personally, I imagine it's there for a reason, and would replace it.
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki...4-forum-noob-here-questions-92-tracker-2.html
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-sidekick-escudo-vitara-geo-tracker/56998-oil-leak.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
16v 1.6. There's a little wire clip that goes on the short arms that go to the intake valves. It looks like it holds tension on the arm. I broke it and after adjusting the valves noticed that particular arm has some slack in it. The guy that rebuilt the head for me said it wouldn't hurt anything not having it there. Wanted to make sure he was right. Thanks
I have one broke also, Try this site; Megazip.com

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Hopefully, after 6+ years, he’s solved this problem....lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts