Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked and cant really find any good info on the roadlessgear.com header for the sidekick. Roadless Gear. Stainless Steel Header for 1.6 16 Valve

I need a new header and downpipe. Has anyone used this header? Do you like it? its pretty cheap compared to other headers out there. It looks like the egr will still work with it. any and all help would be amazing thank you

·
Registered
621 Posts
I run it.

It is......acceptable. Its extremely longtube design sacrifices a bit of high end for a bit of low end.

The gasket provided doesnt seal well. But, if you paint both sides of it witg a light coating of red or ultra copper rtv, and then torque, heat cycle a few times, and retorque...it wont leak anymore.

With the header, a high flow cat, 2.25in piping, and a magnaflow exhaust, my egr works just fine.

Good buy to replace a cracked manifold, offers ZERO performance gains realistically.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thank you for your help. All I want it for is to fix my cracked header. would it seal better if I used a oem gasket?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya the oem gaskets are the best way to go. i just want to fix the leaks they drive me crazy!!! but i also dont want to spend $300+ on a header

·
Registered
621 Posts
The oem gasket did NOT seal with the RG header.

Never would have even thought to use high temp rtv because it is way past its temp rsnge. Some old guy at a local hot rod shop recommended it, he was correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts