Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2001 grand vitara 1600 3door. In the past few months ive been having problems when going round roundabouts, corners and basic driving in wet weather. The car seems to slide and ive no control over it. Doesnt matter what speed im doing or if i use the breaks or not it still happens. Also a heavy touch of the breaks causes the car to go into a skid on wet roads. Ive tried renewing the tyres, checking brakes etc but still no better. Is anyone else experiencing this or knows of it being a common fault with these cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bizzare! I've just fitted another new set of 4 Duelers to my 2001 Vitara because I've found them really good all-round tyres. I would suggest that maybe it's something else. You haven't over-inflated them have you?

Pete

·
Registered
6 Posts
Might be the tires. I had the uniroyal tiger paws and it was like ice skating rather than driving. I have now changed to pirelli scorpions STR and it feels great. I also used to get stuck in mud and even wet soft grass. The scorpions make it really fun to drive and you feel confident that your gv wont throw any unexpected surprises your way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had my 5 door step out a few times but I aam very happy with the handling the jimny we have as well is more skittish. If it gets geasy or wet I tend to put in 4 wheel drive or slow down a bit more. Mind you I also have a mini and can loose that in the wet as well. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine does the same thing. I just put it in 4wd and that solves the problem. but would like to know if there was any parts i could add to prevent this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts