Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time newbie posting here. Noticed that my radiator gauge was wavering back and forth from warm to cool and decided to take it to a shop. New to the area so going off of a recommendation for a place to take it. Shop manager said that my cooling system was shot and needed to be completely repaired. Replaced the fan clutch, condenser fan, thermostat, and gasket. Lo and behold parts cost me $747 to go along with $600 worth of labor. $160 for a fan clutch and $533 for a condenser fan seems to be a bit excessive. Sooo my real question is, how bad did I get robbed?

2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 2.5L Limited

·
Registered
75 Posts
So $1347 for the whole job?!? Holy frack! They better have been using gold plated parts on that damn thing...is the problem fixed at least? It might have been something simple as your thermostat sticking sometimes or just the fan clutch itself starting to go bad. It's stories like this that make me avoid mechanics and dealerships like the plague. I only use them as an absolute last resort...

·
Registered
75 Posts
And yes, I would say that you got ripped big time....I would have guessed closer to $500 for the whole thing including labor.

·
Super Moderator
18,425 Posts
Not to rub it in, but it could have been simply a loose temp sensor to gauge connector wire. :rolleyes:

Why did you choose to come to us now for advice and not when the problems started? :huh:
There are numerous threads existing on the subject, as well.

We may have been able to save you some coin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know. I'm very ashamed in myself. I'm not too car savvy so I would say I got taken advantage of. But I should have come to my fellow Suzuki family sooner. If I have any future problems this is the first place I will visit. That's for sure.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Where do you live Newguy33? If you were in Australia I'd say those prices were quite normal (probably even cheap!)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Where do you live Newguy33? If you were in Australia I'd say those prices were quite normal (probably even cheap!)
Agreed Murcod.. We seem to pay gold plated prices for Rust plated parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts