Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a 15000km service done on my 2011 Kizashi at Llocal dealerr. The cabin filter needed replacing. The price of this part (# 95861-57L00) was $125.00!! What can make a 8"x8" paper filter worth $125.00??? At my complaining the dealer said his cost was over $100.00 so, if true, that is a fair markup.
I am in the process of getting out of our Mercedes Sprinter based motorhome because of the high service costs (or as I say " I am tired of $500.00 oil changes) and if Suzuki if going rape me with prices like above, this will be my last zuk. (Suzuki owner since 1979)

·
Super Moderator
4,433 Posts
I just replaced my original cabin filter at around 80k miles. Yours was changed way too soon. I run my hvac 100% of the time too. Mine cost about $12 for it at the store too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doing a lot of the work yourself or at a reputable shop would alleviate a lot of the cost. 125 for an air filter without buying you dinner first is a little ridiculous though. You're not the first to complain about that. I've seen others complaining on other forums. I can't imagine them keeping that price there. Aftermarket ones are 20-30 bucks tops. Also, in the past when I've had to get work done at the dealer their prices were in line with other Makes. Still a raping but not out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You really need to shop around. Prices vary from store to store. And with the internet you would think the prices would be more comparable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
at 30k miles I had the dealer replace the wipers. Much to my surprise the cost was $110. After some bitching to the sales manager I bought the car from they reduced it to $50.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It gets worse

Just had a 30 000k log book service on my Kizashi. Needs a Cabin filter. I've been quoted $145 - if one was available. Apparently out of stock in Queensland at the moment. Anyone know where I can order one from overseas? Currently awaiting a response from WIX filters.
Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
318 Posts
US retail for that filter is $56.60.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Do Autozone ship overseas? Amazon do with some products and the cabin filters fall into that category.

PS: I'm only asking because the last question was raised by someone from Australia- a lot of USA companies either won't ship to here or charge ludicrous amounts. Amazon's shipping is quite cheap from my experiences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm not sure if they ship over seas. you might try contacting autozone via the site or phone. how ever! if they won't ship to you. let me know... maybe i can help you get the parts shipped to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If only I knew then...

...what I know now about pricing ripoffs.

I bought my 2012 Kizashi in Feb 2013 (new). Three days later, I took back to the dealer because the muffler was real loud. According to the dealership, I had run over something and pushed the heat shield into the exhaust which in turn pushed it into the transaxle damaging the exhaust. They want to charge me $970 US to fix it. What I ran over was light snow drifts. It's winter, what do you expect? There is no damage to either fender (front or rear). No strike marks on any component mentioned. hmmm...sounds like a flaw in the design and should be covered if it can't handle a little bit of snow. Not only that, after only 8000 miles, I'm told I need an alignment. I just discovered that it seems to be a problem with this car and so I'm going to see if the dealership will cover it. Probably not, especially after they charged me $100 dollars to change my drivers side light bulb.

Let's see, at 17,500 miles, I've changed both right and left light bulbs, need an exhaust system (still running with loud old one), and need an alignment and 4 new tires! All in 5 months!!! And none of it, so far, is covered!!!!!! Oh, I should add, I've got a 2007 Dodge Caravan with 260,000 miles on it and haven't had this much trouble. I bought it new with 9 miles on it. Should have stayed with Dodge.

In closing tho, I like the way my Kiz drives and handles the snow especially the selectable AWD/2WD function. I use mine to deliver newspapers in the middle of the night over a 100 mile area. I never got stuck where I couldn't get out, and considering the type of driving I do, it gets good gas mileage (as long as I keep my foot out of it :D :p )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alternative cabin air filter

I was given a heads up on a NAPA or WIX part number 4685 here in the USA.

I paid once at the dealer about 125 dollars.

This filter is about 17 dollars. You can change it yourself without removing the glovebox. Just slide over the top little tray to the right and it will drop down. Then pinch from behind the clip on the left and right at the top on the rectangular cover and the filter is sitting in there. This is outlined on the kizashi club forum.

You just will need to cut or grind off the little tab on the filter. It is one for an SX4

1 - 13 of 13 Posts