Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...just noticed today how much the rims have discolored on this car. Kind of disappointed.

I noticed this when I purchased the car and the salesman told me that it was from the "tire shine" spray they use at the dealership and that it will come off when washing the car...welll....WWWRRROOOONNNNGGGGG!

It does not come off and the finish on these wheels are deteriorating! Overall I am kind of disappointed but I am assuming this will be covered under "manufacturer defect".

Just waiting for the Suzuki rep to review the pics and make a decision...either way its a defect the car is only a 2 weeks old at this point and the finish should NOT be doing this. Kinda hesitant to even get a set of new wheels from the manufacturer if this is a so called "defect". Who know maybe the next set will do the same there. I prefer to have them refinished by a wheel shop!

The issue is on all 4 wheels!

Anyone have this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on the car, my favourite colour!

As for the discolouration, my guess is they sprayed not normal "chemical tire shine," They most likely accidently sprayed a degreaser that is slowly eating away.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I was kind of thinking that as well and it actually makes perfect sense...when they delivered the vehicle the 1st time it was late and night and when I came back to sign all the final paperwork they cleaned the care again and I do beleive it was cleaned out in the sun and perhaps the sprayed wheel degreaser and let it dry hence the deteriation on the rim...either way I look at it, it's not my fault and i should either get new rims or they can ahve these ones re-finished

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Get new ones unless you know a GOOD wheel shop to refinish them. Nice car thoguh!! Definately a chemical ate the clear coat off the wheels

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I DEF don't want to go the re-finish route with these wheels becuase I have had wheels re-finished that the clearcoat chips off very easy!

I want new ones...right now they are debating if the dealership is going to cover it under "warranty" or they are going to make the service department take the hit. They informed me the detail guys are all hired from another company so I am thinking they are going to make them liable...

Who sprays a chemical on a vehicle and not rinse it off. They are lucky they did not get it on the paint of I would of been FLOORED...

If they are not covered under warranty and the detail shop is going to take the hit I am going to keep the old wheels as well and maybe get them in an all black finish...and have 2 sets!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer ended up swapping the wheels from another car onto mine...so i got new wheels and new tires...but mine only had like 3000 miles on it at the time of the swap!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The rim discoloration is not from anything you’re using. Go back to your local Suzuki dealer and look at the rims of used Kizashi’s on the lot. I got a 2012 Kizashi in January of 2012. I clean the car just about every other day. Spraying it down and wiping it with good materials. I notice my rims turning black in June. I thought it was tar from the wheels. I got tar removal and nothing happened. I tried many things and nothing worked. Month by month my rims are getting more discolored and there are these spots all over the rims. They are using some material in Japan that is defective. I have taken my car to professionals and they have no clue to what is going on with my rims.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts