Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a GV from 2004 1.6 petrol ( right hand drive) with no AC. I want to buy a AC system for my car,and i found it for 300 Euro. To install this on my car i will have to pay another 250 euro. Recently i found a damaged car exactly as my car (left hand drive) with AC. So i think to get this car and make the conversion on left hand drive and install the AC in the same time. The car will cost me 1300 euro and the labor fee are 400 euro. The car have the airbags triggered. What do you think,what should i do. Anyone have made this conversion before,it is hard to be made?

·
Super Moderator
18,204 Posts
I'd opt for the lower price, correct side A/C unit. Sure to fit without the probable reverse side install hassles and higher cost. ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,104 Posts
You're thinking of converting your car from RHD to LHD so that the a/c can be fitted? And you've been quoted 400 Euro to do that (along with installation of a/c)?

I'm going to guess here that either you misunderstood the person who gave you the quote, or the person that quoted misunderstood what you wanted done.

Converting from RHD to LHD is a mammoth undertaking - you're going to be swapping out steering components, pedal boxes, the entire dash, HVAC, wiring looms, ECU, etc.. It's not a difficult task, but, it is going to be a lot of work to take it all apart twice and put it back together at least once.

Installing the a/c from a LHD Suzuki into a RHD one is also not that simple - the evaporator & housing are "handed" and will not swap, and the plumbing and wiring will also be different. It MAY be possible to use a LHD evaporator in a RHD housing (I have done this before on another Suzuki model), but the housing themselves are different.

My guess is you're going to end up wishing you never started the project.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. installing only the AC will cost me 550 Euro ( AC system 300 euro + 250 Euro labor)
2. RHD to LHD will cost me : 400 euro labor. I found a LHD damaged car for 1300 euro. The car is in good conditions. The engine is still working,and it have AC system. The car suffered a front right crash. I can get this car ,make the conversion,and sell the other remaining of the vehicle as a spare parts.Only the engine is around 300 euro + 200 wheels and tires and so on...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts