Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently i am in the process of painting my samruai and instead of painting the sides i was planning on rhino lining the sides so that i dont scratch my new paint job is this a good idea or should i just stick with paint

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm not fond of rhino lined exterior panels, but that's just me .
Build the rig the way you envision it. It's your Zuke.
...Boxcar...

·
Registered
686 Posts
I used Rustoleum spray on bed liner, covers well and seems plenty durable, looks pretty decent and yea, CHEAP.

I haven't slapped it around in the trees yet but I expect it will hold up better than paint. Also I called Rustoleum and they say its a paintable surface.

I used it around metal parts of the inside as well, my backyard scratch test shows me its considerably more durable than rattle can paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you are going to cover it in bed liner or something I wouldn't waste the time and money paint those areas unless they are compromised and necessary to repaint. It is ot like you would be able to see the paint job anyway.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I just roughed up the original paint and wiped with min spirits. Ground out a few small rust spots and patched/primerd, the on with the bedliner. Its much harder to see mild flaws with a rough flat finish. No paint on mine, was gonna paint it but decided it was fine the way it is.

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts