Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so lately, my car has been grindin when i try to put it in reverse. it dont happen all the time, but it shouldnt happen at all. its almost as if my master cyclinder in bleedin, b/c if i pump the clutch, itll work better, but still grind........im not on a hill or anything, perfectly flat........is it the master cylinder or sumtin else? anyone else have this problem?

FYI-2006 forenza 5 speed with 7000 miles

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
every once and a while i have that problem. i put it in neutral and let the clutch out and then try again and it seems to work fine...it might have something to do with the trans spinning/not spinning while trying to put it into gear.....similar to downshifting to first. your trans doesn't want you to shift down too early(safety feature).

·
Super Moderator
17,672 Posts
Your clutch isn't FULLY disengaging. It's the clutch M/C problem by the sounds of it. Shift into a forward gear 1st, then quickly to reverse. That may help for now (that will stop the gearing from spinning).

If you hadn't said that the M/C was needing pumping up, then I would have suggested pedal linkage adjustment. ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
What he said, Every 5 speed i have owned has done that. You can feel if it's going to grind before it does, So if that happens let the car roll an inch or two then try it. As for me it's normal for a 5 speed.

Max said:
Your clutch isn't FULLY disengaging. It's the clutch M/C problem by the sounds of it. Shift into a forward gear 1st, then quickly to reverse. That may help for now (that will stop the gearing from spinning).

If you hadn't said that the M/C was needing pumping up, then I would have suggested pedal linkage adjustment. ;)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Max said:

This tranny is just known for that. If it dosn't want to go in, don't force it. Just put it into Nutrual, let your foot off the clutch, then try again. It should work this time :lol:
Just a quirk. Nothing big

1 - 8 of 8 Posts