Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Remove flasher relay, plug in one of these.

Then fit led lamps in place of existing incandescent lamps

Unless yours are bcm controlled then it shouldn't matter and they probably won't hyperflash
I'm quite sure now that they are BCM controlled: I was searching on indicator relay for Suzuki Celerio, and found out there isn't one. It's controlled by the BCM.

So now I want to replace the side indicators, by the same T10 LED as I placed inside my license plate lights. My only concern is: will they hyperflash?

Light Automotive lighting Automotive design Lighting Font

I think these can do for the front and back indicator: Bulb J from Sergiu Gabor test, was way to bright. So I have now selected Bulb M, which I hope would function good as indicator.

Searched some more: unless I fit LED indicator bulbs with build in resistors, which I already tried and that worked. But they where crazily bright.....

So it's not possible and if I can't fit a lower powered LED indicator bulb, than I better stop now. In this case I have retrofitted all the bulbs, that can be retrofitted. Only the rear fog light is still left: I could but on of the MaxGTRS bulbs inside, they are both meant for reverse light and rear fog light.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I did some more searching on hyperflash: and I believe, that replacing the side indicators by T10 LED bulbs is possible and won't give hyperflash. Because the car doesn't check these small bulbs.....

But the other 4 indicators, which are 21w incandescent bulbs can't be replaced by LED bulbs. Unless they have built-in resistors: which i already tried, but those LED bulbs where way to bright.

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
The way a blown bulb detection works in a flasher unit or a bcm is via checking circuit loading against a pre set value. A change of 2W us enough to trigger a fast flash to indicate a blown lamp.
I bet it detects you removing the small side indicator lamps and fast flashes. Try it before fitting a led, just remove the lamp or un plug it on one side and see if that side flashes faster.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The way a blown bulb detection works in a flasher unit or a bcm is via checking circuit loading against a pre set value. A change of 2W us enough to trigger a fast flash to indicate a blown lamp.
I bet it detects you removing the small side indicator lamps and fast flashes. Try it before fitting a led, just remove the lamp or un plug it on one side and see if that side flashes faster.
That sounds like a good idea: the fact, a indicator is hyperflashing would also show on the dashboard right?

I found this video from our India friends: really I find most information, in languages I don't even understand. Because this car being so popular in India. That's how I concluded: it surely going hyperflash if I replace the 21w bulbs by an LED bulb that does like 4w.

But you are right: if I remove the bulb, than on my dashboard it should hyperflash. What I found out as well, the hyperflash only occurs when using either left or right.

Alarm lights they don't hyperflash, so I been testing it the wrong way. I only tested the bulbs with in-built resistor's, while putting on alarm lights.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts