Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
Bear in mind if the dome circuit is bcm controlled and dims the internal lamp, be very careful fitting leds as they can kill the dimming circuit in the bcm leaving you with a dead bcm, and a rather expensive problem to fix

LED headlight retrofit are never a good idea as the reflector is nit designed for the point light source that an led has. While pattern may be correct, scatter won't be and its very easy to blind oncoming drivers. Fit at your own risk. Here the car will be ordered off the road until factory lamps are refitted.

Reactions: Midyrp

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
So, you're fitting led lamps with inbuilt resistance to stop hyper flashing, so adding the same load as what was already there. No fuel savings there.

However if you buy an led compatible flasher, you can then use the lower wattage lamps and the flasher us solid state and lighter than the original, Viola, fuel savings......

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
LED compatible flasher units are available in the generic pin configurations, being 3, 4 and 5 pin.
3 pin being most common as I just bought one for my motorbike because I fitted led flashers to that because the vibration keeps killing the incandescents. Cost me about $15 retail
And what's better, it also works on incandescent up to 150W and as low as 0.1 W

Same unit in my 2015 gv.

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
I think you might miss understand me: in order to fit any of these LED Compatible Flashers, I searched them yesterday. They come in two kinds, one is a fuse where you can turn the setting.

So in order to fit these with the indicators, I would have to tap into the wires. Meaning damage them and that's something non reversible. That's why I looked for LED indicator bulbs, that have resistors built-in.

The good thing with Suzuki is: they don't use CANBUS, so fitting retrofitting LED lights is quite straightforward. Many German cars would give an error in the dashboard, once you fit any LED bulb into a socket meant for incandescent bulbs.
Remove flasher relay, plug in one of these.

Then fit led lamps in place of existing incandescent lamps

Unless yours are bcm controlled then it shouldn't matter and they probably won't hyperflash

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
Depends on the model, most flasher relays are up by the internal fuse box

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
The way a blown bulb detection works in a flasher unit or a bcm is via checking circuit loading against a pre set value. A change of 2W us enough to trigger a fast flash to indicate a blown lamp.
I bet it detects you removing the small side indicator lamps and fast flashes. Try it before fitting a led, just remove the lamp or un plug it on one side and see if that side flashes faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts