Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a replacement rear wiper arm for my 2011 SX4 hatchback.

Any suggestions as to how I properly remove the existing arm and install the replacement?

Obviously, I don't want to botch this replacement and damage something in the process.

·
Registered
835 Posts
At first I thought I was to break something..but rotate the blade from the arm past 90 degrees and it will fall off

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first I thought I was to break something..but rotate the blade from the arm past 90 degrees and it will fall off
I appreciate your reply, LMP. However, I'm not clear on your directions.

Rotate the arm 90° bending or turning it outward at the joint away from the window as in outward away from the car? ... or rotate the arm clockwise or counterclockwise past 90° along the window plane?

Assuming I get clear on how to do this, does this break the arm that's being replaced? I'd prefer not to break it if possible.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
are you replacing the entire wiper arm to the motor? or just the blade at the end of the arm?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a new arm including a new blade - the whole tamale

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
ok, fun begins, lift cover on old arm at pivot, should be a nut under it, loosen, do not remove. Lift wiper arm so blade is locked away from the window surface like you do when you clean the windows. The arm is retained on a tapered shaft with little splines. What you need to do is wiggle the base where it goes onto the drive so it comes loose. When it does you will see why i said don't remove the nut, it will either do it real easy, or be a pain.
once its free, remove the nut, replace arm, line up wiper blade in the correct "parked" position, then tighten nut.

Look at the new one, you will see what i mean

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wiper+arm+replacement&view=detail&mid=6E707AE00D13F70CD9B86E707AE00D13F70CD9B8&FORM=VIRE

while not for the SX4, it gives you the general idea and steps to follow, including him fighting with the second one to get it to come free

·
Registered
835 Posts
for just the blade...----just lift the arm to about 60° from the window, then rotate the blade an extra 90° in same direction. It will fall off. Real easy. Just done it again this morning ...photos coming.
...???was the arm damaged?....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, fun begins, lift cover on old arm at pivot, should be a nut under it, loosen, do not remove. Lift wiper arm so blade is locked away from the window surface like you do when you clean the windows. The arm is retained on a tapered shaft with little splines. What you need to do is wiggle the base where it goes onto the drive so it comes loose. When it does you will see why i said don't remove the nut, it will either do it real easy, or be a pain.
once its free, remove the nut, replace arm, line up wiper blade in the correct "parked" position, then tighten nut.

Look at the new one, you will see what i mean

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wiper+arm+replacement&view=detail&mid=6E707AE00D13F70CD9B86E707AE00D13F70CD9B8&FORM=VIRE

while not for the SX4, it gives you the general idea and steps to follow, including him fighting with the second one to get it to come free
Thank you, 2013GV.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, LMP for your additional feedback and the photos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts